- Piano Instructor at the Oberlin Conservatory of Music Secondary Piano Program
- Spicks Music School and Nico Zipp Music School Piano Faculty Member
- Accompanist, Virginia Commonwealth University, USA
- Prize Winner, Steinway Prize, Düsseldorf, Germany
- Master of Music (First-class Honours) in Piano Performance from Cologne University of Music and Dance, Germany (Hochschule für Musik und Tanz Köln)
- Bachelor of Music in Piano Performance from Oberlin Conservatory of Music, USA
I view the role of music educator...
I view the role of music educator as vitally important in children's education. I have experienced first-hand the crucial impact that an attentive and committed teacher can have on a child's development. A skill which I feel characterises my work as a piano teacher, is my ability to not only help students with their piano skills, but also to help them develop various skills that they may need for success in schoolwork, in a job or career outside of music in the future. As a teacher, I pride myself on my patience and take great joy in developing and appreciating each student's own individual approach and style, as well as tackling their individual challenges. In working with so many different students in the past years, I have developed a teaching style which is accommodating and adaptable, and which allows each student's individuality to challenge my assumptions and ideas.
I have had over 10 years of teaching experiences, including teaching piano in the secondary piano program for music majors at the Oberlin Conservatory of Music (Ohio, USA), at Spicks Music School and Nico Zipp Music School in Germany, at J.P. Institute of Music and the Endeavourers Leung Lee Sau Yu Memorial Primary School in Hong Kong.
I am a keen chamber musician and have always enjoyed the way in which this form of collaborative playing forces me to work in a connected and communicative manner, an essential skill that a child needs for success in life. It is my belief that chamber music is a powerful tool in children's growth and can be beneficial for anyone, no matter his/her level of playing. It is my passion to create a better future for the children through something as simple as chamber music.